Welcome to FindLaw's Cases & Codes, a free source of state and federal court opinions, state laws, and the United States Code. For more information about the legal concepts addressed by these cases and statutes, visit FindLaw's Learn About the Law.
(a) Each month or part of a month that a state of prison overcrowding exists that results in the invocation of powers authorized by this part, the governor shall transmit to the state and local government committee of the senate, the state government committee of the house of representatives, and the attorney general and reporter the following information on any inmates who were granted early parole or whose commitment was delayed:
(1) The number of inmates in each category;
(2) The distribution of offenses for which inmates in each category were convicted;
(3) The length of sentences of inmates in each category;
(4) The amount of time served by inmates granted early parole;
(5) The amount of time inmates granted early parole were released prior to regular parole eligibility or release classification dates; and
(6) Any other information concerning early releases on parole or delayed commitments that may be requested by the state and local government committee of the senate and the state government committee of the house of representatives.
(b) Within thirty (30) days of the end of a state of prison overcrowding emergency, the governor shall also transmit a summary of the information listed in this section to the officials listed in this section. The summary shall be applicable to all inmates granted early parole or whose commitment was delayed during the most recent state of prison overcrowding emergency.
(c) The commissioner and the chair of the board of parole shall report monthly and publicly to the state and local government committee of the senate and the state government committee of the house of representatives the number of early releases by primary offense.
Cite this article: FindLaw.com - Tennessee Code Title 41. Correctional Institutions and Inmates § 41-1-507 - last updated January 01, 2020 | https://codes.findlaw.com/tn/title-41-correctional-institutions-and-inmates/tn-code-sect-41-1-507.html
FindLaw Codes may not reflect the most recent version of the law in your jurisdiction. Please verify the status of the code you are researching with the state legislature or via Westlaw before relying on it for your legal needs.
Was this helpful?