Tennessee Code Title 40. Criminal Procedure § 40-35-105
Welcome to FindLaw's Cases & Codes, a free source of state and federal court opinions, state laws, and the United States Code. For more information about the legal concepts addressed by these cases and statutes, visit FindLaw's Learn About the Law.
Search Tennessee Code
Search by Keyword or Citation
(a) A standard offender is a defendant not sentenced as:
(1) A multiple offender, as defined by § 40-35-106;
(2) A persistent offender, as defined by § 40-35-107;
(3) A career offender, as defined by § 40-35-108;
(4) An especially mitigated offender, as defined by § 40-35-109; or
(5) A repeat violent offender, as defined by § 40-35-120.
(b) The sentence for a standard offender is within Range I.
(c) If the judgment of conviction does not include a sentence range, it shall be returned to the sentencing court to be completed.
Cite this article: FindLaw.com - Tennessee Code Title 40. Criminal Procedure § 40-35-105 - last updated January 01, 2020 | https://codes.findlaw.com/tn/title-40-criminal-procedure/tn-code-sect-40-35-105.html
FindLaw Codes may not reflect the most recent version of the law in your jurisdiction. Please verify the status of the code you are researching with the state legislature or via Westlaw before relying on it for your legal needs.
Was this helpful?