Welcome to FindLaw's Cases & Codes, a free source of state and federal court opinions, state laws, and the United States Code. For more information about the legal concepts addressed by these cases and statutes, visit FindLaw's Learn About the Law.
The director shall establish and implement a forms reduction and management program in the department that shall apply to every agency of state government. In so doing, the director is authorized and directed to:
(1) Make an inventory of all forms used by every agency, together with a brief statement of the authorization, need and use for each;
(2) Assign a number to each form determined to be properly authorized, needed and used;
(3) Direct the destruction and prohibit the further use of each form determined not to be properly authorized, needed and used;
(4) Establish basic state design and specification criteria to effectuate the standardization of all forms to which numbers are assigned. The revised design and specification criteria shall become effective with respect to each form as the current inventories of each form are exhausted;
(5) Design and require the use of composite forms by agencies seeking and needing the same or similar information from individuals or businesses;
(6) Deny the use by any agency of a form to obtain information from individuals or businesses that can be obtained from another agency already gathering that information;
(7) Provide assistance to all agencies in determination of the need for and design of new forms;
(8) Develop procedures for the most efficient, economical and timely procurement, receipt, storage and distribution of forms by all agencies;
(9) Coordinate the program with the existing state archives and records management programs; and
(10) Develop and promulgate rules, regulations and standards necessary to implement the foregoing authority and the legislative intent of this chapter, in accordance with the Uniform Administrative Procedures Act, compiled in chapter 5 of this title.
Cite this article: FindLaw.com - Tennessee Code Title 4. State Government § 4-25-104 - last updated January 01, 2020 | https://codes.findlaw.com/tn/title-4-state-government/tn-code-sect-4-25-104/
FindLaw Codes may not reflect the most recent version of the law in your jurisdiction. Please verify the status of the code you are researching with the state legislature or via Westlaw before relying on it for your legal needs.