Welcome to FindLaw's Cases & Codes, a free source of state and federal court opinions, state laws, and the United States Code. For more information about the legal concepts addressed by these cases and statutes, visit FindLaw's Learn About the Law.
(a) There is hereby created the office of local government to be located in the office of the comptroller of the treasury.
(b)(1) The office of local government shall have a director who shall be appointed by the comptroller of the treasury and serve at the pleasure of the comptroller of the treasury.
(2) The staff of the office of local government shall be appointed by the director, subject to the approval of the comptroller of the treasury.
(c) The office of local government has the following functions and duties:
(1) Provide geographic information systems technical support, training, and map maintenance to the division of property assessments and local governments;
(2) Assist local governments with geographic information systems and mapping issues;
(3) Assist and advise local governments with local redistricting and reapportionment;
(4) Compile and maintain precinct boundaries and maps in the state and assist with their development;
(5) Serve as the liaison with the United States census bureau and participate in its redistricting data program;
(6) Assist with other geographic information systems activities in the office of the comptroller of the treasury; and
(7) Such other duties as may be assigned by the comptroller of the treasury.
Cite this article: FindLaw.com - Tennessee Code Title 4. State Government § 4-16-101 - last updated January 01, 2020 | https://codes.findlaw.com/tn/title-4-state-government/tn-code-sect-4-16-101.html
FindLaw Codes may not reflect the most recent version of the law in your jurisdiction. Please verify the status of the code you are researching with the state legislature or via Westlaw before relying on it for your legal needs.