(a) A person commits aggressive panhandling who solicits a donation of money or goods in the following manner:
(1) By intentionally touching the person being solicited without the person's consent;
(2) By intentionally obstructing the path of the person, or of the vehicle of the person, being solicited;
(3) By following a person who is walking away from the person soliciting the donation, unless that person has indicated that the person wishes to make a donation; or
(4) By making any statement, gesture, or other communication that would cause a reasonable person to feel fear of personal harm for refusing a solicitation of a donation.
(b)(1) A first violation of this section is a Class C misdemeanor.
(2) A second or subsequent violation of this section is a Class B misdemeanor punishable by fine or a term of imprisonment not to exceed ninety (90) days, or both.
FindLaw Codes are provided courtesy of Thomson Reuters Westlaw, the industry-leading online legal research system. For more detailed codes research information, including annotations and citations, please visit Westlaw.
FindLaw Codes may not reflect the most recent version of the law in your jurisdiction. Please verify the status of the code you are researching with the state legislature or via Westlaw before relying on it for your legal needs.