(a) A person commits an offense who:
(1) Intentionally, knowingly, or recklessly sells, loans or makes a gift of a firearm to a minor;
(2) Intentionally, knowingly or recklessly sells a firearm or ammunition for a firearm to a person who is intoxicated; or
(3) Intentionally, knowingly, recklessly or with criminal negligence violates § 39-17-1316 .
(b) It is a defense to prosecution under subdivision (a)(1) that:
(1) A firearm was loaned or given to a minor for the purposes of hunting, trapping, fishing, camping, sport shooting or any other lawful sporting activity; and
(2) The person is not required to obtain a license under § 39-17-1316 .
(c) For purposes of this section, “intoxicated” means substantial impairment of mental or physical capacity resulting from introduction of any substance into the body.
(d) An offense under this section is a Class A misdemeanor.
FindLaw Codes are provided courtesy of Thomson Reuters Westlaw, the industry-leading online legal research system. For more detailed codes research information, including annotations and citations, please visit Westlaw.
FindLaw Codes may not reflect the most recent version of the law in your jurisdiction. Please verify the status of the code you are researching with the state legislature or via Westlaw before relying on it for your legal needs.