As used in this chapter, unless the context otherwise requires:
(1) “Child born out of wedlock” means a child born to parents who are not married to each other when the child was born;
(2) “Court” means the juvenile court or any trial court with general jurisdiction;
(3) “Father” means the biological father of a child born out of wedlock;
(4) “Mother” means the biological mother of a child born out of wedlock;
(5) “Parent” means the biological mother or biological father of a child, regardless of the marital status of the mother and father; and
(6) “Father,” “mother,” and “parent” do not include a biological parent whose parental rights have been terminated for a child whose parentage is at issue.
FindLaw Codes are provided courtesy of Thomson Reuters Westlaw, the industry-leading online legal research system. For more detailed codes research information, including annotations and citations, please visit Westlaw.
FindLaw Codes may not reflect the most recent version of the law in your jurisdiction. Please verify the status of the code you are researching with the state legislature or via Westlaw before relying on it for your legal needs.