Welcome to FindLaw's Cases & Codes, a free source of state and federal court opinions, state laws, and the United States Code. For more information about the legal concepts addressed by these cases and statutes, visit FindLaw's Learn About the Law.
Subject to the court's determination of what is in the best interests of the person with a disability, the court shall consider the following persons in the order listed for appointment of the conservator:
(1) The person or persons designated in a writing signed by the alleged person with a disability;
(2) The spouse of the person with a disability;
(3) Any child of the person with a disability;
(4) Closest relative or relatives of the person with a disability;
(5) A district public guardian as described by § 34-7-104; and
(6) Other person or persons.
Cite this article: FindLaw.com - Tennessee Code Title 34. Guardianship § 34-3-103 - last updated January 01, 2020 | https://codes.findlaw.com/tn/title-34-guardianship/tn-code-sect-34-3-103.html
FindLaw Codes may not reflect the most recent version of the law in your jurisdiction. Please verify the status of the code you are researching with the state legislature or via Westlaw before relying on it for your legal needs.