Rhode Island General Laws Title 5. Businesses and Professions § 5-87-1. Service member licensure

(a) The director and each member of the examining and licensing boards shall, upon presentation of satisfactory evidence by an applicant for certification or licensure, accept education, training, or service completed by an individual as a member of the Armed Forces or Reserves of the United States, the National Guard of any state, the Military Reserves of any state, or the Naval Militia of any state toward the qualifications to receive the license or certification.  The director and each appropriate examining and licensing board shall promulgate rules to implement this section.

(b) Each business/profession related board shall establish a procedure to expedite the issuance of a license, certification or permit to perform professional services regulated by each such board to a person who is certified or licensed in another state to perform professional services in a state other than Rhode Island.  The procedure shall include:

(1) Issuing the person a license, certificate or permit, if, in the opinion of the board, the requirements for certification or licensure of such other state are substantially equivalent to that required in this state;  or

(2) Developing a method to authorize the person to perform professional services regulated by the board in this state by issuing the person a temporary permit for a limited period of time to allow the person to perform professional services while completing any specific requirements that may be required in this state that were not required in the state in which the person was licensed or certified.

FindLaw Codes are provided courtesy of Thomson Reuters Westlaw, the industry-leading online legal research system. For more detailed codes research information, including annotations and citations, please visit Westlaw.

FindLaw Codes may not reflect the most recent version of the law in your jurisdiction. Please verify the status of the code you are researching with the state legislature or via Westlaw before relying on it for your legal needs.