Rhode Island General Laws Title 4. Animals and Animal Husbandry § 4-18-5. Issuance of import permits
Welcome to FindLaw's Cases & Codes, a free source of state and federal court opinions, state laws, and the United States Code. For more information about the legal concepts addressed by these cases and statutes, visit FindLaw's Learn About the Law.
Search Rhode Island General Laws
Search by Keyword or Citation
Issuance of import permits for animals listed under § 4-18-3 may be made by the department upon:
(1) Submission of written application providing the information enumerated under § 4-18-4 not less than seven (7) days preceding the probable date of shipment;
(2) Completion of an inspection indicating that the quarantine facility or premises designated in the application are adequate;
(3) Payment of the necessary permit fees required under § 4-18-8;
(4) Determination by the department that the public health and safety is not endangered; and
(5) Approval of the probable point of first arrival into this state.
Cite this article: FindLaw.com - Rhode Island General Laws Title 4. Animals and Animal Husbandry § 4-18-5. Issuance of import permits - last updated January 01, 2022 | https://codes.findlaw.com/ri/title-4-animals-and-animal-husbandry/ri-gen-laws-sect-4-18-5.html
FindLaw Codes may not reflect the most recent version of the law in your jurisdiction. Please verify the status of the code you are researching with the state legislature or via Westlaw before relying on it for your legal needs.
Was this helpful?