Welcome to FindLaw's Cases & Codes, a free source of state and federal court opinions, state laws, and the United States Code. For more information about the legal concepts addressed by these cases and statutes, visit FindLaw's Learn About the Law.
(a) General rule.--Except as otherwise provided in this chapter, it is unlawful to operate a snowmobile or an ATV on any street or highway which is not designated and posted as a snowmobile or an ATV road by the governmental agency having jurisdiction.
(b) Emergency and bridge crossings.--A snowmobile or an ATV may be operated on highways and streets:
(1) During periods of emergency when so declared by a policy agency having jurisdiction.
(2) When necessary to cross a bridge or culvert.
(c) Crossing street or highway.--A snowmobile or an ATV may make a direct crossing of a street or highway upon compliance with the following requirements:
(1) The crossing is made at an angle of approximately 90 degrees to the direction of the highway and at a place where no obstruction prevents a quick and safe crossing.
(2) The snowmobile or ATV is brought to a complete stop before crossing the shoulder or main-traveled way of the highway.
(3) The driver yields the right-of-way to all oncoming traffic which constitutes an immediate hazard.
(4) In crossing a divided highway, the crossing is made only at an intersection of such highway with another public street or highway.
Cite this article: FindLaw.com - Pennsylvania Statutes Title 75 Pa.C.S.A. Vehicles § 7721. Operation on streets and highways - last updated January 01, 2019 | https://codes.findlaw.com/pa/title-75-pacsa-vehicles/pa-csa-sect-75-7721.html
FindLaw Codes may not reflect the most recent version of the law in your jurisdiction. Please verify the status of the code you are researching with the state legislature or via Westlaw before relying on it for your legal needs.