Pennsylvania Statutes Title 75 Pa.C.S.A. Vehicles § 6344. Pennsylvania State Police report
Search Pennsylvania Statutes
Search by Keyword or Citation
(a) Annual report.--The Pennsylvania State Police shall compile pursuit data sent to it by individual police departments on an annual basis. The Pennsylvania State Police shall make an annual report based on Statewide data to the Appropriations Committee, the Transportation Committee and the Judiciary Committee of the Senate, the Appropriations Committee, the Transportation Committee and the Judiciary Committee of the House of Representatives, the Department of Transportation, the Office of Attorney General, the Law and Justice Committee of the Senate and all police departments which contribute to the report.
(b) Contents.--The Statewide report shall include, but not be limited to, the following information:
(1) Statewide totals or averages of information collected under section 6343(b) (relating to pursuit record).
(2) The total number and percentage of pursuits involving accidents.
(3) The total number and percentage of pursuits involving injuries.
(4) The total number and percentage of pursuits involving deaths.
(5) The percentage of fleeing individuals who are charged with nonpursuit-related offenses and a numerically totaled breakdown of those nonpursuit-related charges.
(6) A list of police departments which have not notified or certified to the commission that they have a pursuit policy as required by section 6342 (relating to written policies required).
(c) Submission of annual report.--The Pennsylvania State Police shall submit the first annual report after the first full calendar year of data collection.
Cite this article: FindLaw.com - Pennsylvania Statutes Title 75 Pa.C.S.A. Vehicles § 6344. Pennsylvania State Police report - last updated January 01, 2022 | https://codes.findlaw.com/pa/title-75-pacsa-vehicles/pa-csa-sect-75-6344.html
Was this helpful?