Pennsylvania Statutes Title 63 P.S. Professions and Occupations (State Licensed) § 271.6. Qualifications for license

(a) A graduate of an osteopathic medical college in the United States who seeks licensure by the board shall furnish the board with evidence, prior to any examination, that he is of good moral character, is not addicted to habit-forming drugs, and has completed the educational requirements prescribed by the board.

(b) An application to the board shall have attached to it the affidavit or affirmation of the applicant as to its verity.  An applicant who knowingly makes a false statement of fact in his application shall be in violation of this act.

(c) An applicant who has been convicted of a felonious act prohibited by the act of April 14, 1972 (P.L. 233, No. 64), known as “The Controlled Substance, Drug, Device and Cosmetic Act,”   1 or convicted of a felony relating to a controlled substance in a court of law of the United States or any other state, territory or country shall not be licensed unless:

(1) at least ten years have elapsed from the date of conviction;

(2) the applicant satisfactorily demonstrates to the board that he has made significant progress in personal rehabilitation since the conviction such that licensure of the applicant should not be expected to create a substantial risk of harm to the health and safety of patients or the public or a substantial risk of further criminal violations;  and

(3) the applicant otherwise satisfies the qualifications contained in or authorized by this act.

As used in this subsection the term “convicted” shall include a judgment, an admission of guilt or a plea of nolo contendere.  An applicant's statement on the application declaring the absence of a conviction shall be deemed satisfactory evidence of the absence of a conviction, unless the board has some evidence to the contrary.

1 35 P.S. § 780-101 et seq.

FindLaw Codes are provided courtesy of Thomson Reuters Westlaw, the industry-leading online legal research system. For more detailed codes research information, including annotations and citations, please visit Westlaw.

FindLaw Codes may not reflect the most recent version of the law in your jurisdiction. Please verify the status of the code you are researching with the state legislature or via Westlaw before relying on it for your legal needs.