(a) General rule.--A fictitious name registration under this chapter may be amended by filing in the department an application for amendment of fictitious name registration, which shall be executed as provided in subsection (b), and shall set forth:
(1) The fictitious name as theretofore registered.
(2) An identification of the last preceding filing in the department with respect to the fictitious name.
(3) The amendment, which may change the fictitious name, add or withdraw or reflect a change in name of a party to the registration, or otherwise revise the filing, and which shall revise any information set forth in preceding filings which has become inaccurate, and which shall restate in full all such information as so revised.
(4) A statement that the amendment, without reference to any preceding filing, sets forth all information with respect to the fictitious name which would be required in an original filing under the Fictitious Names Act.
(5) Such other information necessary to the administration of this chapter as the department may specify by regulation.
(b) Execution.--The application for amendment may be executed:
(1) in the same manner as an original application for registration of a fictitious name, including any party who is thereby withdrawing; or
(2) by the agent or agents designated pursuant to section 311(c) (relating to agent for effecting amendments) or subsection (a)(3) and by any additional party to such registration.
(c) Required approvals.--Section 311(f) (relating to required approvals) shall be applicable to any amendment which effects a change in the fictitious name as theretofore registered.
(d) Cross reference.--See 15 Pa.C.S. § 134 (relating to docketing statement).