The fees to be charged and collected by the clerks of courts or equivalent officer in home rule counties or second, second class A, third, fourth, fifth, sixth, seventh and eighth class counties shall be as follows:
(1) A fee of not less than $35 nor more than $100 for all proceedings in all misdemeanor and felony cases disposed of at any time during or after trial.
(2) A fee of not less than $20 nor more than $75 for all proceedings in all misdemeanor and felony cases disposed of before trial.
(3) The fees referred to in paragraphs (1) and (2) shall be set annually by the clerk of courts on or before January 1 of each year except in 1982 when they shall be set immediately and when added to other fees charged shall bear a reasonable relationship to the sum sufficient to maintain and operate the office of clerk of courts.
(4) A fee of $15 for all proceedings in summary matters.
(5) A fee of $5 for all certifications.
(6) A fee of $10 for all other matters filed in the office and for all reports prepared by the clerk except that no fee shall be charged for filing township and borough audit reports or transcripts received which indicate a final disposition by the district justice.
(7) A fee of $25 for the filing of an appeal from a summary conviction before a district justice.
(8) A fee of $30 for an appeal from the court of common pleas to an appellant court.
(9) A fee of 3¢ per dollar for the first $1,000 and 1¢ per dollar for each additional $1,000 or fraction thereof for the handling of money paid into court.
FindLaw Codes are provided courtesy of Thomson Reuters Westlaw, the industry-leading online legal research system. For more detailed codes research information, including annotations and citations, please visit Westlaw.
FindLaw Codes may not reflect the most recent version of the law in your jurisdiction. Please verify the status of the code you are researching with the state legislature or via Westlaw before relying on it for your legal needs.