The office of the clerk of the orphans' court division shall have the power and duty to:
(1) Administer oaths and affirmations and take acknowledgments pursuant to section 327 (relating to oaths and acknowledgments), but shall not be compelled to do so in any matter not pertaining to the proper business of the office.
(2) Affix and attest the seal of the court to all the process thereof and to the certifications and exemplifications of all documents and records pertaining to the office of the clerk of the orphans' court division and the business of the division.
(3) Enter all orders of the court determined in the division, including judgments by confession.
(4) Enter all satisfactions of judgments entered in the office.
(5) Exercise the authority of the clerk of the orphans' court division as an officer of the court.
(6) Exercise such other powers and perform such other duties as may now or hereafter be vested in or imposed upon the office by law, home rule charter, order or rule of court, or ordinance of a county governed by a home rule charter, or optional plan of government.
Cite this article: FindLaw.com - Pennsylvania Statutes Title 42 Pa.C.S.A. Judiciary and Judicial Procedure § 2777. Powers and duties of the office of the clerk of the orphans' court division - last updated January 01, 2019 | https://codes.findlaw.com/pa/title-42-pacsa-judiciary-and-judicial-procedure/pa-csa-sect-42-2777.html
FindLaw Codes are provided courtesy of Thomson Reuters Westlaw, the industry-leading online legal research system. For more detailed codes research information, including annotations and citations, please visit Westlaw.
FindLaw Codes may not reflect the most recent version of the law in your jurisdiction. Please verify the status of the code you are researching with the state legislature or via Westlaw before relying on it for your legal needs.