Welcome to FindLaw's Cases & Codes, a free source of state and federal court opinions, state laws, and the United States Code. For more information about the legal concepts addressed by these cases and statutes, visit FindLaw's Learn About the Law.
(a) This article shall apply to property and casualty insurance, including fidelity, surety and guaranty bond and fire insurance, inland marine insurance and any combination thereof, on risks or operations located in this Commonwealth.
(b) This article shall not apply to any of the following:
(1) Reinsurance other than statutorily authorized joint reinsurance mechanisms.
(2) Insurance on vessels or crafts, their cargoes, marine builders' risk, marine protection and indemnity or other risks commonly insured under marine insurance policies.
(3) Insurance on hulls of aircraft, including their accessories and equipment, or against liability arising out of the ownership, maintenance or use of aircraft.
(4) Personal risks.
(5) Accident and health insurance.
(6) Title insurance.
(7) Workers' compensation insurance.
(8) Insurance covering loss in excess of at least ten thousand dollars ($10,000) from any one event issued to self-insurers. The amount may be changed by department regulation.
Cite this article: FindLaw.com - Pennsylvania Statutes Title 40 P.S. Insurance § 710-4. Scope - last updated January 01, 2019 | https://codes.findlaw.com/pa/title-40-ps-insurance/pa-st-sect-40-710-4.html
FindLaw Codes may not reflect the most recent version of the law in your jurisdiction. Please verify the status of the code you are researching with the state legislature or via Westlaw before relying on it for your legal needs.
Was this helpful?