Welcome to FindLaw's Cases & Codes, a free source of state and federal court opinions, state laws, and the United States Code. For more information about the legal concepts addressed by these cases and statutes, visit FindLaw's Learn About the Law.
It is hereby declared to be the policy of the Commonwealth of Pennsylvania through this act:
(1) To protect the public health, safety and welfare of its citizens through the development and implementation of plans for the sanitary disposal of sewage waste.
(2) To promote intermunicipal cooperation in the implementation and administration of such plans by local government.
(3) To prevent and eliminate pollution of waters of the Commonwealth by coordinating planning for the sanitary disposal of sewage wastes with a comprehensive program of water quality management.
(4) To provide for the issuance of permits for on-lot sewage disposal systems by local government in accordance with uniform standards and to encourage intermunicipal cooperation to this end.
(5) To provide for and insure a high degree of technical competency within local government in the administration of this act.
(6) To encourage the use of the best available technology for on-site sewage disposal systems.
(7) To insure the rights of citizens on matters of sewage disposal as they may relate to this act and the Constitution of this Commonwealth.
Cite this article: FindLaw.com - Pennsylvania Statutes Title 35 P.S. Health and Safety § 750.3. Declaration of policy - last updated January 01, 2019 | https://codes.findlaw.com/pa/title-35-ps-health-and-safety/pa-st-sect-35-750-3.html
FindLaw Codes may not reflect the most recent version of the law in your jurisdiction. Please verify the status of the code you are researching with the state legislature or via Westlaw before relying on it for your legal needs.
Was this helpful?