Welcome to FindLaw's Cases & Codes, a free source of state and federal court opinions, state laws, and the United States Code. For more information about the legal concepts addressed by these cases and statutes, visit FindLaw's Learn About the Law.
(a) Composition.--The independent administrative commission known as the Pennsylvania Game Commission shall consist of eight competent citizens of this Commonwealth who shall be well informed on the subject of wildlife conservation and restoration and who shall be appointed by the Governor, by and with the advice and consent of a majority of the elected members of the Senate.
(b) Qualifications.--The members of the commission shall be appointed from the various geographical sections of this Commonwealth so that one and only one shall be a resident of each of the following districts:
(1) The counties of Erie, Crawford, Mercer, Lawrence, Venango, Butler, Warren, Forest and Clarion, constituting the first district.
(2) The counties of Beaver, Allegheny, Washington, Greene, Armstrong, Indiana, Westmoreland and Fayette, constituting the second district.
(3) The counties of McKean, Elk, Jefferson, Potter, Cameron, Clearfield, Clinton and Centre, constituting the third district.
(4) The counties of Cambria, Somerset, Blair, Bedford, Huntingdon and Fulton, constituting the fourth district.
(5) The counties of Tioga, Lycoming, Union, Bradford, Sullivan, Columbia, Montour and Northumberland, constituting the fifth district.
(6) The counties of Snyder, Mifflin, Juniata, Franklin, Perry, Cumberland, Adams, Dauphin, York, Lebanon and Lancaster, constituting the sixth district.
(7) The counties of Susquehanna, Wyoming, Luzerne, Lackawanna, Carbon, Wayne, Pike and Monroe, constituting the seventh district.
(8) The counties of Schuylkill, Berks, Chester, Northampton, Lehigh, Bucks, Montgomery, Philadelphia and Delaware, constituting the eighth district.
(c) Term of office and compensation.--The members of the commission shall hold office for terms of four years each and may continue to hold office for a period of time not to exceed six months or until a successor is appointed and qualified, whichever occurs first. A member of the commission who serves three consecutive terms shall not be eligible for reappointment to the commission. Commissioners shall receive no compensation for their services, but may be reimbursed for travel expenses.
(d) Vacancies.--Upon the death, resignation or removal from office of any person so appointed, the Governor shall appoint a competent person to serve for the unexpired term as provided in subsection (a).
Cite this article: FindLaw.com - Pennsylvania Statutes Title 34 Pa.C.S.A. Game § 301. Organization of commission - last updated January 01, 2019 | https://codes.findlaw.com/pa/title-34-pacsa-game/pa-csa-sect-34-301.html
FindLaw Codes may not reflect the most recent version of the law in your jurisdiction. Please verify the status of the code you are researching with the state legislature or via Westlaw before relying on it for your legal needs.