Pennsylvania Statutes Title 25 P.S. Elections & Electoral Districts § 3146.7. Certain electors voting in districts of residence

(a) Whenever any qualified elector in actual military service is present in his voting district of residence on any primary, special, municipal or general election day and has not already voted in such election, he may apply in person at the office of the county board of election of the county of his residence and he shall then and there execute his application for an official absentee ballot.

(b) Each such application shall be in the form and shall contain the information required by this act together with a statement by the applicant that he has not already voted in the election.

The county board of elections shall ascertain from the information on such application or from any other source that such applicant possesses all the qualifications of a qualified elector other than being registered or enrolled.  If the board is satisfied that the applicant is qualified to receive an official absentee ballot, the application shall be marked “Approved,” subject to the limitations set out in section 1302.2 of this act.  1  When so approved, the county board of elections shall cause the applicant's name and residence (and at primaries, the party enrollment) to be inserted in the “Military, Veterans and Emergency Civilian Absentee Voters File” as provided in section 1302.3 subsection (b). 2

(c) Upon receiving an official absentee ballot and envelopes therefor, he shall, in secret, in the office of the county board of elections vote the ballot and execute the declaration as prescribed by this act.  The elector shall then securely seal the second envelope and hand it to the chief clerk of the county board of election who shall securely keep same in accordance with the provisions of section 1308.  3

1 25 P.S. § 3146.2b.
2 25 P.S. § 3146.2c.
3 25 P.S. § 3146.8.

FindLaw Codes are provided courtesy of Thomson Reuters Westlaw, the industry-leading online legal research system. For more detailed codes research information, including annotations and citations, please visit Westlaw.

FindLaw Codes may not reflect the most recent version of the law in your jurisdiction. Please verify the status of the code you are researching with the state legislature or via Westlaw before relying on it for your legal needs.

Copied to clipboard