Welcome to FindLaw's Cases & Codes, a free source of state and federal court opinions, state laws, and the United States Code. For more information about the legal concepts addressed by these cases and statutes, visit FindLaw's Learn About the Law.
The following words and phrases when used in this act shall have the meanings given to them in this section unless the context clearly indicates otherwise:
“Appropriate medical professional.” All of the following:
(1) A licensed physician who is trained in the evaluation and management of concussions or a licensed or certified health care professional trained in the evaluation and management of concussions and designated by such licensed physician.
(2) A licensed psychologist neuropsychologically trained in the evaluation and management of concussions or who has postdoctoral training in neuropsychology and specific training in the evaluation and management of concussions.
“Athletic activity.” All of the following:
(1) Interscholastic athletics.
(2) An athletic contest or competition, other than interscholastic athletics, that is sponsored by or associated with a school entity, including cheerleading, club-sponsored sports activities and sports activities sponsored by school-affiliated organizations.
(3) Noncompetitive cheerleading that is sponsored by or associated with a school entity.
(4) Practices, interschool practices and scrimmages for all of the activities listed under paragraphs (1), (2) and (3).
“Interscholastic athletics.” As defined in section 1602-A of the act of March 10, 1949 (P.L. 30, No. 14), 1 known as the Public School Code of 1949.
“School entity.” As defined in section 1602-A of the act of March 10, 1949 (P.L. 30, No. 14), known as the Public School Code of 1949.
Cite this article: FindLaw.com - Pennsylvania Statutes Title 24 P.S. Education § 5322. Definitions - last updated January 01, 2019 | https://codes.findlaw.com/pa/title-24-ps-education/pa-st-sect-24-5322.html
FindLaw Codes may not reflect the most recent version of the law in your jurisdiction. Please verify the status of the code you are researching with the state legislature or via Westlaw before relying on it for your legal needs.