Records of the following institutions which relate to the circulation of library materials and contain the names or other personally identifying information of users of the materials shall be confidential and may not be made available to anyone except by a court order in a criminal proceeding:
(1) The State Library.
(2) A local library established or maintained under the provisions of this chapter.
(3) The library of a university, college or educational institution chartered by the Commonwealth.
(4) The library of a public school.
(5) A library established and maintained under a law of this Commonwealth.
(6) A branch reading room, deposit station or agency operated in connection with a library described in this section.
FindLaw Codes are provided courtesy of Thomson Reuters Westlaw, the industry-leading online legal research system. For more detailed codes research information, including annotations and citations, please visit Westlaw.
FindLaw Codes may not reflect the most recent version of the law in your jurisdiction. Please verify the status of the code you are researching with the state legislature or via Westlaw before relying on it for your legal needs.