Welcome to FindLaw's Cases & Codes, a free source of state and federal court opinions, state laws, and the United States Code. For more information about the legal concepts addressed by these cases and statutes, visit FindLaw's Learn About the Law.
(a) Forfeitures generally.--The following shall be subject to forfeiture to the Commonwealth, and no property right shall exist in them:
(1) Any tool, implement or instrumentality, including, but not limited to, a vehicle or vehicle part used or possessed in connection with any violation of this chapter.
(2) All materials, products and equipment of any kind which are used or intended for use in violation of this chapter.
(3) All books, records, microfilm, tapes and data which are used or intended for use in violation of this chapter.
(4) All money, negotiable instruments, securities or other things of value used or intended to be used to facilitate any violation of this chapter and all proceeds traceable to any transactions in violation of this chapter.
(5) All real property used or intended to be used to facilitate any violation of this chapter, including structures or other improvements thereon and including any right, title and interest in the whole or any lot or tract of land and any appurtenances or improvements which are used or intended to be used in any manner or part to commit or to facilitate the commission of a violation of this chapter.
(a.1) Conduct of forfeiture.--Forfeiture of property shall be authorized for a violation of this chapter and conducted in accordance with 42 Pa.C.S. §§ 5803 (relating to asset forfeiture), 5805 (relating to forfeiture procedure), 5806 (relating to motion for return of property), 5807 (relating to restrictions on use), 5807.1 (relating to prohibition on adoptive seizures) and 5808 (relating to exceptions).
(b) to (k) Deleted by 2017, June 29, P.L. 247, No. 13, § 6, effective July 1, 2017.
Cite this article: FindLaw.com - Pennsylvania Statutes Title 18 Pa.C.S.A. Crimes and Offenses § 7707. Loss of property rights to Commonwealth - last updated January 01, 2019 | https://codes.findlaw.com/pa/title-18-pacsa-crimes-and-offenses/pa-csa-sect-18-7707.html
FindLaw Codes may not reflect the most recent version of the law in your jurisdiction. Please verify the status of the code you are researching with the state legislature or via Westlaw before relying on it for your legal needs.
Was this helpful?