Pennsylvania Statutes Title 17 Pa.C.S.A. Credit Unions § 713. Loan procedures
Welcome to FindLaw's Cases & Codes, a free source of state and federal court opinions, state laws, and the United States Code. For more information about the legal concepts addressed by these cases and statutes, visit FindLaw's Learn About the Law.
Search Pennsylvania Statutes
Search by Keyword or Citation
(a) Credit committee.--If the bylaws provide for a credit committee, the credit committee shall have the supervision of all loans to members other than first mortgage loans, except to the extent approval of such mortgage loans has been delegated to the credit committee, and loans to other credit unions and Federal credit unions.
(b) Conflict of interest.--No credit committee member, loan officer or director of a credit union shall vote on the granting of any loan in which such official has guaranteed the repayment of the loan or where a member of the member's immediate family has a beneficial interest.
(c) Applications.--Applications for loans shall be in writing on a form prepared or approved for that purpose by the credit committee or, in the absence of a credit committee, by either the board of directors or a person delegated by the board of directors; and all applications shall set forth the purpose for which the loan is desired, the security, if any, offered, and such other data as may be required. Within the meaning of this section, a pledge of shares in the credit union or the endorsement of a note may be deemed security.
(d) Approval by credit committee.--
(1) If the bylaws provide for a credit committee, at least a majority of the members of the credit committee shall pass on all loans, and no loan shall be approved unless it is approved by a majority of the members of the credit committee at a credit committee meeting.
(2) Notwithstanding paragraph (1), the credit committee may appoint one or more loan officers and delegate to such person or persons the power to approve loans, share withdrawals of amounts previously pledged as security for a loan, releases and substitutions of security, within limits specified by the committee.
(3) The appointment and delegation shall be approved by a majority of the credit committee present and voting at a credit committee meeting and shall be recorded in a written resolution signed by the credit committee members who approved the delegation or appointment. The written resolution shall be forwarded to the board of directors prior to the next board meeting.
(4) The credit committee shall meet as often as may be necessary after due notice to each member. The credit committee shall keep minutes of each meeting. The minutes shall include a list of loans approved and disapproved by the credit committee.
(5) The credit committee shall require any loan officers it appoints to report regularly to the credit committee on any loan approvals or other actions taken by the loan officer in the authority delegated to the loan officer by the credit committee.
(e) Approval by loan officer.--If the bylaws do not provide for a credit committee, the board of directors shall appoint a loan officer and delegate the powers of the credit committee under subsection (d) to the loan officer.
(f) Reports.--Each loan officer shall furnish to the credit committee or, in the absence of a credit committee, to the board of directors a record of each loan approved or not approved by such person within seven days of the date of the filing of the application therefor.
(g) Procedure in absence of loan officer.--All loans not approved by a loan officer shall be acted upon by the credit committee or, in the absence of a credit committee, by the board of directors or a director designated by the board of directors.
(h) Restrictions.--No individual shall have authority to disburse funds of the credit union for any loan which has been approved by such individual in his or her capacity as loan officer.
Cite this article: FindLaw.com - Pennsylvania Statutes Title 17 Pa.C.S.A. Credit Unions § 713. Loan procedures - last updated January 01, 2022 | https://codes.findlaw.com/pa/title-17-pacsa-credit-unions/pa-csa-sect-17-713.html
FindLaw Codes may not reflect the most recent version of the law in your jurisdiction. Please verify the status of the code you are researching with the state legislature or via Westlaw before relying on it for your legal needs.
Was this helpful?