Welcome to FindLaw's Cases & Codes, a free source of state and federal court opinions, state laws, and the United States Code. For more information about the legal concepts addressed by these cases and statutes, visit FindLaw's Learn About the Law.
(a) General rule.--Except as provided in subsection (d), a dissolved limited liability company may give notice of a known claim under subsection (b), which has the effect provided in subsection (c).
(b) Required notice.--A dissolved limited liability company may notify in record form its known claimants of the dissolution. The notice must:
(1) specify the information required to be included in a claim;
(2) state that a claim must be in writing and provide a mailing address to which the claim is to be sent;
(3) state the deadline for receipt of a claim, which may not be less than 120 days after the date the notice is received by the claimant; and
(4) state that the claim will be barred if not received by the deadline.
(c) Claims barred.--A claim against a dissolved limited liability company is barred if the requirements of subsection (b) are met and:
(1) the claim is not received by the specified deadline; or
(2) if the claim is timely received but rejected by the company:
(i) the company causes the claimant to receive a notice in record form stating that the claim is rejected and will be barred unless the claimant commences an action against the company to enforce the claim within 90 days after the claimant receives the notice; and
(ii) the claimant does not commence the required action within 90 days after the complainant receives the notice.
(d) Later arising claims.--This section shall not apply to a claim based on an event occurring after the effective date of dissolution or a liability that on that date is contingent.
Cite this article: FindLaw.com - Pennsylvania Statutes Title 15 Pa.C.S.A. Corporations and Unincorporated Associations § 8874. Known claims against dissolved limited liability company - last updated January 01, 2019 | https://codes.findlaw.com/pa/title-15-pacsa-corporations-and-unincorporated-associations/pa-csa-sect-15-8874.html
FindLaw Codes may not reflect the most recent version of the law in your jurisdiction. Please verify the status of the code you are researching with the state legislature or via Westlaw before relying on it for your legal needs.
Was this helpful?