Pennsylvania Statutes Title 15 Pa.C.S.A. Corporations and Unincorporated Associations § 8102. Interchangeability of partnership, limited liability company and corporate forms of organization
Welcome to FindLaw's Cases & Codes, a free source of state and federal court opinions, state laws, and the United States Code. For more information about the legal concepts addressed by these cases and statutes, visit FindLaw's Learn About the Law.
Search Pennsylvania Statutes
Search by Keyword or Citation
(a) General rule.--Subject to any restrictions on a specific line of business made applicable by section 103 (relating to subordination of title to regulatory laws):
(1) Any business that may be conducted in a corporate form may also be conducted as a partnership or a limited liability company.
(2) A domestic or foreign partnership or limited liability company may exercise any right, power, franchise or privilege that a domestic or foreign corporation engaged in the same line of business might exercise under the laws of this Commonwealth, including powers conferred by section 1511 (relating to additional powers of certain public utility corporations) or other provisions of law granting the right to a duly authorized corporation to take or occupy property and make compensation therefor.
(b) Exceptions.--Subsection (a) shall not:
(1) Affect any law relating to the taxation of partnerships, limited liability companies or corporations.
(2) Authorize acting as a banking institution, credit union or insurer unless the laws relating thereto or this part expressly permit the conduct of the regulated business in partnership or limited liability company form. See sections 8620(b) (relating to characteristics of limited partnership) and 8818(b) (relating to characteristics of limited liability company).
(3) Except as otherwise provided by law, permit a partnership to provide full limited liability for all of the investors therein or otherwise fail to preserve the intrinsic differences between the partnership and corporate forms.
Cite this article: FindLaw.com - Pennsylvania Statutes Title 15 Pa.C.S.A. Corporations and Unincorporated Associations § 8102. Interchangeability of partnership, limited liability company and corporate forms of organization - last updated January 01, 2022 | https://codes.findlaw.com/pa/title-15-pacsa-corporations-and-unincorporated-associations/pa-csa-sect-15-8102.html
FindLaw Codes may not reflect the most recent version of the law in your jurisdiction. Please verify the status of the code you are researching with the state legislature or via Westlaw before relying on it for your legal needs.
Was this helpful?