Pennsylvania Statutes Title 11 Pa.C.S.A. Cities § 11201. Qualifications
Search Pennsylvania Statutes
The qualifications for office of mayor shall be as follows:
(1) An individual must be at least 18 years of age.
(2) An individual must be elected at large by the qualified electors of the city.
(3) An individual must be a resident of the city where the individual was elected for not less than one year before the date of the individual's election.
(4) Before being sworn into the office of mayor, an individual elected to mayor must present a signed affidavit to the city clerk certifying that the individual is in accordance with the requirement under paragraph (3).
(5) An individual elected to the office of mayor must reside in the city for the duration of the individual's term of service.
Read this complete Pennsylvania Statutes Title 11 Pa.C.S.A. Cities § 11201. Qualifications on Westlaw
FindLaw Codes are provided courtesy of Thomson Reuters Westlaw, the industry-leading online legal research system. For more detailed codes research information, including annotations and citations, please visit Westlaw.
FindLaw Codes may not reflect the most recent version of the law in your jurisdiction. Please verify the status of the code you are researching with the state legislature or via Westlaw before relying on it for your legal needs.