Welcome to FindLaw's Cases & Codes, a free source of state and federal court opinions, state laws, and the United States Code. For more information about the legal concepts addressed by these cases and statutes, visit FindLaw's Learn About the Law.
As used in this chapter, unless the context requires otherwise:
(1) “Foreign professional corporation” means a professional corporation organized under laws other than the laws of this state.
(2) “License” includes a license, certificate of registration, permit or other legal authorization required by law as a condition precedent to the rendering of professional service or services within this state.
(3) “Oregon Business Corporation Act” has the same meaning given that term in ORS 60.951.
(4) “Practicing medicine” has the meaning given that term in ORS 677.085.
(5) “Professional” means:
(d) Chiropractors licensed under ORS chapter 684 or the laws of another state;
(e) Dentists licensed under ORS chapter 679 or the laws of another state;
(g) Naturopaths licensed under ORS chapter 685 or the laws of another state;
(j) Physicians licensed under ORS chapter 677 or the laws of another state;
(L) Real estate appraisers licensed or certified under ORS chapter 674 or the laws of another state; and
(m) Other persons providing to the public types of personal service or services substantially similar to those listed in paragraphs (a) to (L) of this subsection that may be lawfully rendered only pursuant to a license.
(6) “Professional corporation” or “domestic professional corporation” means a corporation organized under this chapter for the specific purpose of rendering professional service or services and for such other purposes provided under this chapter.
(7) “Professional service” means personal service or services rendered in this state to the public which may be lawfully rendered only pursuant to a license by a professional.
(8) “Regulatory board” means the governmental agency of the State of Oregon required or authorized by law to license and regulate the rendering of a professional service or services for which a professional corporation is organized.
Cite this article: FindLaw.com - Oregon Revised Statutes Corporations and Partnerships § 58.015 - last updated January 01, 2018 | https://codes.findlaw.com/or/title-7-corporations-and-partnerships/or-rev-st-sect-58-015.html
FindLaw Codes may not reflect the most recent version of the law in your jurisdiction. Please verify the status of the code you are researching with the state legislature or via Westlaw before relying on it for your legal needs.