Oregon Revised Statutes Labor and Employment; Unlawful Discrimination § 659A.409
Search Oregon Revised Statutes
Search by Keyword or Citation
A. To carry out the provisions of the Learning Center Act, the board shall:
(1) manage the operation of one or more learning centers in the district and the contracts with the institutions providing educational programs and services at the learning centers;
(2) select and contract with one or more institutions to:
(a) offer accredited educational programs and services at the learning center that meet local needs or provide degrees and certificates for students completing program requirements at an institution without the requirement that students relocate or commute to existing campuses of the institution;
(b) provide for transfer of credits for course work obtained by students from institutions other than the institution contracting to provide an educational program at the learning center; and
(c) set tuition and fees for educational programs and services provided by the institution at the learning center;
(3) monitor and evaluate how well the educational and training needs of the local communities are being served by the learning center and the participating institutions; and
(4) assess in an ongoing way the educational and training needs of the region to assure delivery and coordination of educational programs and services to the communities located within the district.
B. The board may:
(1) employ staff and enter into contracts and agreements as necessary to carry out its duties pursuant to the Learning Center Act;
(2) authorize the imposition of a property tax levy for the purpose of funding the operations of a learning center and provide for an election to submit the proposal to the voters of the district; and
(3) seek grants, gifts and other sources of funds for the operation of a learning center.
Cite this article: FindLaw.com - Oregon Revised Statutes Labor and Employment; Unlawful Discrimination § 659A.409 - last updated January 01, 2018 | https://codes.findlaw.com/or/title-51-labor-and-employment-unlawful-discrimination/or-rev-st-sect-659a-409.html
Was this helpful?