Oregon Revised Statutes Trade Regulations and Practices § 647.065
Search Oregon Revised Statutes
(1) A mark and the registration for the mark under this chapter are assignable with the goodwill of the business in which the mark is used, or with the part of the goodwill of the business that is connected with the use of and symbolized by the mark.
(2) To assign the registration, a registrant must sign a written instrument. The registrant may submit the instrument to the Secretary of State for filing. After filing the instrument, the Secretary of State may issue to the assignee a certificate of registration that is effective for the remainder of the term of registration.
(3) An assignment of registration under this section is void as against a subsequent purchaser that purchases the registration for valuable consideration and without notice of the assignment unless the assignment is submitted to the Secretary of State of State for filing within 90 days after the assignment or before the subsequent purchase, whichever is later.
(4) A registrant or applicant for registration may submit for filing with the Secretary of State a change of name for the registration or the application. The Secretary of State may issue a certificate of registration for an assigned application in the assignee's name or may issue a certificate of registration in the assignee's name for the remainder of the term of registration.
(5) The Secretary of State, at the Secretary of State's sole discretion, may receive for filing other signed written instruments related to a mark that is registered or an application that is pending, such as licenses, security interests or mortgages.
(6) Acknowledgment is prima facie evidence of the execution of an assignment or other instrument. If the Secretary of State accepts an instrument for filing, the Secretary of State's record is prima facie evidence of the execution.
(7) The Secretary of State may accept for filing a photocopy of an instrument if a party to the instrument or a successor to the party certifies that the photocopy is a true and correct copy of the original instrument.
(8) The Secretary of State shall keep for public examination a record of all marks registered or renewed under this chapter and all documents submitted for filing under this section.
Read this complete Oregon Revised Statutes Trade Regulations and Practices § 647.065 on Westlaw
FindLaw Codes are provided courtesy of Thomson Reuters Westlaw, the industry-leading online legal research system. For more detailed codes research information, including annotations and citations, please visit Westlaw.
FindLaw Codes may not reflect the most recent version of the law in your jurisdiction. Please verify the status of the code you are researching with the state legislature or via Westlaw before relying on it for your legal needs.