Oregon Revised Statutes Trade Regulations and Practices § 646.963
Welcome to FindLaw's Cases & Codes, a free source of state and federal court opinions, state laws, and the United States Code. For more information about the legal concepts addressed by these cases and statutes, visit FindLaw's Learn About the Law.
Search Oregon Revised Statutes
Search by Keyword or Citation
(1) In addition to any other liability or penalty provided by law, the Director of Agriculture may impose a civil penalty as provided in subsection (3) of this section on any person who violates any provision of ORS 646.947, 646.949 or 646.953, rules adopted under ORS 646.957 or orders issued under ORS 646.953.
(2) Any civil penalty under subsection (1) of this section shall be imposed in the manner provided by ORS 183.745.
(3) The director may impose civil penalties that are:
(a) Not more than $500 for a first violation.
(b) Not more than $2,500 for a second violation within two years from the date of the first violation.
(c) Not more than $10,000 for a third violation within two years from the date of the first violation.
(4) In imposing a penalty under subsection (3) of this section, the director shall consider the following factors:
(a) The gravity of the violation.
(b) The scope of the violation.
(c) The past history of the person incurring the penalty.
(d) In the case of a penalty to be imposed on a retail dealer or nonretail dealer, the degree of knowledge by the dealer of the violation.
(5) Civil penalties collected shall be deposited into the Motor Vehicle Fuel Inspection Program Account.
Cite this article: FindLaw.com - Oregon Revised Statutes Trade Regulations and Practices § 646.963 - last updated January 01, 2018 | https://codes.findlaw.com/or/title-50-trade-regulations-and-practices/or-rev-st-sect-646-963.html
FindLaw Codes may not reflect the most recent version of the law in your jurisdiction. Please verify the status of the code you are researching with the state legislature or via Westlaw before relying on it for your legal needs.
Was this helpful?