Oregon Revised Statutes Food and Other Commodities: Purity, Sanitation, Grades, Standards, Labels, Weights and Measures § 616.680
Welcome to FindLaw's Cases & Codes, a free source of state and federal court opinions, state laws, and the United States Code. For more information about the legal concepts addressed by these cases and statutes, visit FindLaw's Learn About the Law.
Search Oregon Revised Statutes
Search by Keyword or Citation
(1) “Acidic foods” means bottled, packaged or canned foods that:
(a) Have a natural pH level of 4.6 or less;
(b) Are lacto-fermented; or
(c) Have acidity and water activity levels that meet the acidity and water activity standards of acidified foods as defined in 21 C.F.R. 114.3.
(2) “Agricultural producer” means a farmer, rancher or other person primarily responsible for the growing, raising and harvesting of agricultural products to a point at which the products are ready for direct sale.
(3) “Commingled” means that the agricultural products of more than one agricultural producer are mixed, pooled or otherwise combined prior to the sale of the products.
(4) “Consignment” means an agreement under which an agricultural producer sells to the retail purchaser the agricultural products of another agricultural producer that is located in the same county as the agricultural producer, or in any county adjoining a county in which the agricultural producer is located, without representing that the products were grown or raised by the seller.
(5) “Farm direct marketer” means an agricultural producer that sells directly to the retail purchaser the agricultural products grown, raised and harvested by that producer.
(6) “Producer-processed products” means foods:
(a) For which the principal ingredients are agricultural products grown, raised and harvested by the same agricultural producer that bottles, packages or cans the food; and
(b) For which ingredients other than principal ingredients are limited to herbs, spices, salt, vinegar, pectin, lemon or lime juice, honey and sugar.
Cite this article: FindLaw.com - Oregon Revised Statutes Food and Other Commodities: Purity, Sanitation, Grades, Standards, Labels, Weights and Measures § 616.680 - last updated January 01, 2018 | https://codes.findlaw.com/or/title-49-food-and-other-commodities-purity-sanitation-grades-standards-labels-weights-and-measures/or-rev-st-sect-616-680.html
FindLaw Codes may not reflect the most recent version of the law in your jurisdiction. Please verify the status of the code you are researching with the state legislature or via Westlaw before relying on it for your legal needs.
Was this helpful?