Oregon Revised Statutes Public Health and Safety § 459A.700

As used in ORS 459.992 (3) and (4) and 459A.700 to 459A.740 , unless the context requires otherwise:

(1) “Beverage” means a fluid described in ORS 459A.702 .

(2) “Beverage container” means a container described in ORS 459A.702 .

(3) “Commission” means the Oregon Liquor Control Commission.

(4) “Consumer” means every person who purchases a beverage in a beverage container for use or consumption.

(5) “Dealer” means every person in this state who engages in the sale of beverages in beverage containers to a consumer, or means a redemption center certified under ORS 459A.735 .

(6) “Distributor” means every person who engages in the sale of beverages in beverage containers to a dealer in this state including any manufacturer who engages in such sales.

(7) “Importer” means any dealer or manufacturer who directly imports beverage containers into this state.

(8) “In this state” means within the exterior limits of the State of Oregon and includes all territory within these limits owned by or ceded to the United States of America.

(9) “Manufacturer” means every person bottling, canning or otherwise filling beverage containers for sale to distributors, importers or dealers.

(10) “Place of business of a dealer” means the location at which a dealer sells or offers for sale beverages in beverage containers to consumers.

(11) “Use or consumption” includes the exercise of any right or power over a beverage incident to the ownership thereof, other than the sale or the keeping or retention of a beverage for the purposes of sale.

(12) “Water and flavored water” means any beverage identified through the use of letters, words or symbols on its product label as a type of water.

FindLaw Codes are provided courtesy of Thomson Reuters Westlaw, the industry-leading online legal research system. For more detailed codes research information, including annotations and citations, please visit Westlaw.

FindLaw Codes may not reflect the most recent version of the law in your jurisdiction. Please verify the status of the code you are researching with the state legislature or via Westlaw before relying on it for your legal needs.