Skip to main content

Oregon Revised Statutes Domestic Relations § 107.106

Welcome to FindLaw's Cases & Codes, a free source of state and federal court opinions, state laws, and the United States Code. For more information about the legal concepts addressed by these cases and statutes, visit FindLaw's Learn About the Law.

(1) An order or judgment providing for the custody, parenting time, visitation or support of a child under ORS chapter 25, 107, 108, 109 or 110 or ORS 419B.400 or 419C.590 shall include:

(a) Provisions addressing the issues of:

(A) Payment of uninsured medical expenses of the child;

(B) Maintenance of insurance or other security for support; and

(C) Medical support for the child under ORS 25.321 to 25.343.

(b) A statement in substantially the following form:

The terms of child support and parenting time (visitation) are designed for the child's benefit and not the parents' benefit. You must pay support even if you are not receiving visitation. You must comply with visitation orders even if you are not receiving child support.

Violation of child support orders and visitation orders is punishable by fine, imprisonment or other penalties.

Publicly funded help is available to establish, enforce and modify child support orders. Paternity establishment services are also available. Contact your local district attorney or the Department of Justice at (503) 373-7300 for information.

Publicly funded help may be available to establish, enforce and modify visitation orders. Forms are available to enforce visitation orders. Contact the domestic relations court clerk or civil court clerk for information.

(2) The court or administrative law judge shall ensure the creation and filing of an order or judgment that complies with this section.

(3) This section does not apply to an action undertaken by the Division of Child Support of the Department of Justice or a district attorney under ORS 25.080.

Cite this article: - Oregon Revised Statutes Domestic Relations § 107.106 - last updated January 01, 2018 |

FindLaw Codes may not reflect the most recent version of the law in your jurisdiction. Please verify the status of the code you are researching with the state legislature or via Westlaw before relying on it for your legal needs.

Was this helpful?

Thank you. Your response has been sent.

Copied to clipboard