Oregon Revised Statutes Property Rights and Transactions § 98.861
Search Oregon Revised Statutes
Search by Keyword or Citation
(1) Subject to subsection (5) of this section:
(a) A tower may not tow vehicles parked within the boundaries of a city without a license issued by the city, if the city has established the maximum rates that a tower may charge under ORS 98.859.
(b) A tower may not tow vehicles parked within the boundaries of a county without a license issued by the county, if the county has established the maximum rates that a tower may charge under ORS 98.859. The tower is not required to obtain a license from a county when the tower tows a vehicle that is parked within the boundaries of a city located within the county and the tower is licensed by that city.
(2) Application for a license under this section must be made in writing in the form prescribed by the city or county, and must contain the name and address of the applicant and any other information that the city or county may require.
(3) The fee for issuing a license under this section shall be established by the city or county, but may not exceed the cost of administering the licensing program and administering ORS 98.859.
(4) A license issued under this section expires annually on December 31 or on a date that may be specified by the city or county by ordinance.
(5) The requirement to get a license under this section applies only to towers that tow a motor vehicle without the prior consent or authorization of the owner or operator of the motor vehicle.
Cite this article: FindLaw.com - Oregon Revised Statutes Property Rights and Transactions § 98.861 - last updated January 01, 2018 | https://codes.findlaw.com/or/title-10-property-rights-and-transactions/or-rev-st-sect-98-861.html
Was this helpful?