Skip to main content

Oregon Revised Statutes Property Rights and Transactions § 97.830

Welcome to FindLaw's Cases & Codes, a free source of state and federal court opinions, state laws, and the United States Code. For more information about the legal concepts addressed by these cases and statutes, visit FindLaw's Learn About the Law.

(1) The principal of all funds for endowed care shall be invested, from time to time reinvested and kept invested. If a trust agreement imposes upon the trustee or custodian the duty to direct the investment or reinvestment of endowed care funds, the trustee or custodian shall perform this duty governed by ORS 130.750 to 130.775. Otherwise, the cemetery authority, governed by ORS 130.750 to 130.775, shall direct the investment and reinvestment of endowed care funds in the time or savings deposits of the custodian bank or savings association.

(2) The principal of invested endowed care funds shall never be voluntarily reduced, but shall be maintained separate and distinct by the trustee or custodian from all other funds except that it shall be proper to commingle endowment care funds with special care funds. The payment of charges chargeable against principal under ORS chapter 129 or of other expenses necessarily incurred in the administration of the trust in accordance with subsection (1) of this section shall not constitute a voluntary reduction of principal. The net income earned shall be used solely for the general care and maintenance of the cemetery property entitled to endowment care, as stipulated in the resolution, bylaw and other action or instrument by which the fund was established, and in such manner as the cemetery authority may from time to time determine to be in the best interests of such endowed property. Such net income shall never be used for the improvement or embellishment of undeveloped property offered for sale.

Cite this article: - Oregon Revised Statutes Property Rights and Transactions § 97.830 - last updated January 01, 2018 |

FindLaw Codes may not reflect the most recent version of the law in your jurisdiction. Please verify the status of the code you are researching with the state legislature or via Westlaw before relying on it for your legal needs.

Was this helpful?

Thank you. Your response has been sent.

Copied to clipboard