Oregon Revised Statutes Property Rights and Transactions § 95.270
Search Oregon Revised Statutes
Search by Keyword or Citation
(1) A transfer or obligation is not voidable under ORS 95.230 (1)(a) as against a person who took in good faith and for a reasonably equivalent value or any subsequent transferee or obligee.
(2) Except as otherwise provided in this section, to the extent a transfer is voidable in an action by a creditor under ORS 95.260 (1)(a), the creditor may recover judgment for the value of the asset transferred, as adjusted under subsection (3) of this section, or the amount necessary to satisfy the creditor's claim, whichever is less. The judgment may be entered against:
(a) The first transferee of the asset or the person for whose benefit the transfer was made; or
(b) Any subsequent transferee.
(3) If the judgment under subsection (2) of this section is based upon the value of the asset transferred, the judgment must be for an amount equal to the value of the asset at the time of the transfer, subject to adjustment as the equities may require.
(4) A creditor may not recover under subsection (2)(b) of this section from a good-faith transferee or obligee who took for value or from any subsequent transferee or obligee.
(5) Notwithstanding voidability of a transfer or an obligation under ORS 95.200 to 95.310, a good-faith transferee or obligee is entitled, to the extent of the value given the debtor for the transfer or obligation, to:
(a) A lien on or a right to retain any interest in the asset transferred;
(b) Enforcement of any obligation incurred; or
(c) A reduction in the amount of the liability on the judgment.
(6) A transfer is not voidable under ORS 95.240 (2):
(a) To the extent the insider gave new value to or for the benefit of the debtor after the transfer was made unless the new value was secured by an otherwise unavoidable lien;
(b) If made in the ordinary course of business or financial affairs of the debtor and the insider; or
(c) If made pursuant to a good-faith effort to rehabilitate the debtor and the transfer secured present value given for that purpose as well as an antecedent debt of the debtor.
(a) Termination of a lease upon default by the debtor when the termination is pursuant to the terms of the lease and applicable law; or
(b) Enforcement of a security interest in compliance with ORS chapter 79.
Cite this article: FindLaw.com - Oregon Revised Statutes Property Rights and Transactions § 95.270 - last updated January 01, 2018 | https://codes.findlaw.com/or/title-10-property-rights-and-transactions/or-rev-st-sect-95-270.html
Was this helpful?