Welcome to FindLaw's Cases & Codes, a free source of state and federal court opinions, state laws, and the United States Code. For more information about the legal concepts addressed by these cases and statutes, visit FindLaw's Learn About the Law.
(A) As used in this chapter:
(1) “Marijuana” means marihuana as defined in section 3719.01 of the Revised Code .
(2) “Medical marijuana” means marijuana that is cultivated, processed, dispensed, tested, possessed, or used for a medical purpose.
(3) “Academic medical center” has the same meaning as in section 4731.297 of the Revised Code .
(4) “Drug database” means the database established and maintained by the state board of pharmacy pursuant to section 4729.75 of the Revised Code .
(5) “Physician” means an individual authorized under Chapter 4731. of the Revised Code to practice medicine and surgery or osteopathic medicine and surgery.
(6) “Qualifying medical condition” means any of the following:
(a) Acquired immune deficiency syndrome;
(b) Alzheimer's disease;
(c) Amyotrophic lateral sclerosis;
(e) Chronic traumatic encephalopathy;
(f) Crohn's disease;
(g) Epilepsy or another seizure disorder;
(j) Hepatitis C;
(k) Inflammatory bowel disease;
(l) Multiple sclerosis;
(m) Pain that is either of the following:
(i) Chronic and severe;
(n) Parkinson's disease;
(o) Positive status for HIV;
(p) Post-traumatic stress disorder;
(q) Sickle cell anemia;
(r) Spinal cord disease or injury;
(s) Tourette's syndrome;
(t) Traumatic brain injury;
(u) Ulcerative colitis;
(v) Any other disease or condition added by the state medical board under section 4731.302 of the Revised Code .
(7) “State university” has the same meaning as in section 3345.011 of the Revised Code .
(B) Notwithstanding any conflicting provision of Chapter 3719. of the Revised Code or the rules adopted under it, for purposes of this chapter, medical marijuana is a schedule II controlled substance.
Cite this article: FindLaw.com - Ohio Revised Code Title XXXVII. Health Safety Morals § 3796.01 - last updated January 01, 2020 | https://codes.findlaw.com/oh/title-xxxvii-health-safety-morals/oh-rev-code-sect-3796-01.html
FindLaw Codes may not reflect the most recent version of the law in your jurisdiction. Please verify the status of the code you are researching with the state legislature or via Westlaw before relying on it for your legal needs.