Skip to main content

Ohio Revised Code Title XXXVII. Health Safety Morals § 3773.40

Welcome to FindLaw's Cases & Codes, a free source of state and federal court opinions, state laws, and the United States Code. For more information about the legal concepts addressed by these cases and statutes, visit FindLaw's Learn About the Law.

No person who holds a promoter's license to conduct a public boxing match or exhibition under section 3773.36 of the Revised Code shall:

(A) Hold any match or exhibition at any time or place other than that stated on a permit issued under section 3773.38 of the Revised Code;

(B) Allow any contestant to participate in the match or exhibition unless the contestant is the licensed contestant named in the application for such permit or a licensed contestant authorized to compete as a substitute for such a contestant by the inspector assigned to the facility where the match or exhibition is held for that match or exhibition;

(C) Charge a higher admission price for a match or exhibition than that stated in the application;

(D) Pay a greater compensation or percentage of the gate receipts to any contestant than that stated in the application.

The Ohio athletic commission, or the commission's executive director when authorized by the commission, upon application by a holder of a permit under section 3773.38 of the Revised Code, may allow the permit holder to hold the match or exhibition for which the permit was issued at an alternative site that is within the same municipal corporation or township and that offers substantially similar seating facilities, or allow the permit holder to substitute contestants or seconds, provided that the substitute contestants are evenly matched with their opponents in skill, experience, and weight.

Cite this article: - Ohio Revised Code Title XXXVII. Health Safety Morals § 3773.40 - last updated January 01, 2020 |

FindLaw Codes may not reflect the most recent version of the law in your jurisdiction. Please verify the status of the code you are researching with the state legislature or via Westlaw before relying on it for your legal needs.

Was this helpful?

Thank you. Your response has been sent.

Copied to clipboard