Welcome to FindLaw's Cases & Codes, a free source of state and federal court opinions, state laws, and the United States Code. For more information about the legal concepts addressed by these cases and statutes, visit FindLaw's Learn About the Law.
(A) No clinical laboratory shall present or cause to be presented a claim, bill, or demand for payment for anatomic pathology services to any person or entity other than the following:
(1) The patient who receives the services or another individual, such as a parent, spouse, or guardian, who is responsible for the patient's bills;
(2) A responsible insurer or other third-party payor of a patient who receives the services;
(3) A hospital, public health clinic, or not-for-profit health clinic ordering the services;
(4) A referring clinical laboratory;
(5) A governmental agency or any person acting on behalf of a governmental agency;
(6) A physician who is permitted to bill for the services under division (D) of section 4731.72 of the Revised Code.
(B) Nothing in this section shall be construed to do either of the following:
(1) Mandate the assignment of benefits for anatomic pathology services;
(2) Prohibit a clinical laboratory that provides anatomic pathology services from billing a referring clinical laboratory for anatomic pathology services in instances in which the referring clinical laboratory sends one or more samples to the clinical laboratory for purposes of having a specialist perform analysis, consultation, or histologic processing.
Cite this article: FindLaw.com - Ohio Revised Code Title XXXVII. Health Safety Morals § 3701.861 - last updated January 01, 2020 | https://codes.findlaw.com/oh/title-xxxvii-health-safety-morals/oh-rev-code-sect-3701-861.html
FindLaw Codes may not reflect the most recent version of the law in your jurisdiction. Please verify the status of the code you are researching with the state legislature or via Westlaw before relying on it for your legal needs.
Was this helpful?