Welcome to FindLaw's Cases & Codes, a free source of state and federal court opinions, state laws, and the United States Code. For more information about the legal concepts addressed by these cases and statutes, visit FindLaw's Learn About the Law.
(A) This chapter, and any rules adopted under it, apply to entities organized under Chapters 1731., 1751., 3907., 3919., 3921., 3925., 3931., 3939., 3941., and 3953. of the Revised Code.
(B) An insurer may apply to the superintendent for permission to make investments under this chapter, in lieu of making investments under any other section of the Revised Code.
(C) In determining whether to permit an entity to invest pursuant to this chapter, the superintendent shall consider all of the following:
(1) The character, reputation, and financial standing of the officers of the entity;
(2) The character, reputation, and financial condition of the entity;
(3) The adequacy of the expertise, experience, character, and reputation of the person or persons who will manage the investments on behalf of the entity;
(4) The quality of the enterprise risk management program implemented by the entity to identify, assess, monitor, manage, and report on its key investment and related risks;
(5) Any other factor the superintendent considers relevant.
(D) Separate accounts established in accordance with section 3907.15 of the Revised Code shall continue to be governed by that section.
Cite this article: FindLaw.com - Ohio Revised Code Title XXXIX. Insurance § 3906.02 - last updated January 01, 2020 | https://codes.findlaw.com/oh/title-xxxix-insurance/oh-rev-code-sect-3906-02.html
FindLaw Codes may not reflect the most recent version of the law in your jurisdiction. Please verify the status of the code you are researching with the state legislature or via Westlaw before relying on it for your legal needs.
Was this helpful?