Welcome to FindLaw's Cases & Codes, a free source of state and federal court opinions, state laws, and the United States Code. For more information about the legal concepts addressed by these cases and statutes, visit FindLaw's Learn About the Law.
Nothing in this chapter shall be construed to--
(1) encroach upon or diminish in any way the inherent sovereign authority of each tribal government to determine the role of the tribal justice system within the tribal government or to enact and enforce tribal laws;
(2) diminish in any way the authority of tribal governments to appoint personnel;
(3) impair the rights of each tribal government to determine the nature of its own legal system or the appointment of authority within the tribal government;
(4) alter in any way any tribal traditional dispute resolution forum;
(5) imply that any tribal justice system is an instrumentality of the United States; or
(6) diminish the trust responsibility of the United States to Indian tribal governments and tribal justice systems of such governments.
Cite this article: FindLaw.com - Ohio Revised Code Title XLV. Motor Vehicles Aeronautics Watercraft § 4549.02 - last updated January 01, 2020 | https://codes.findlaw.com/oh/title-xlv-motor-vehicles-aeronautics-watercraft/oh-rev-code-sect-4549-02.html
FindLaw Codes may not reflect the most recent version of the law in your jurisdiction. Please verify the status of the code you are researching with the state legislature or via Westlaw before relying on it for your legal needs.
Was this helpful?