Skip to main content

Ohio Revised Code Title LIII. Real Property § 5311.032

Welcome to FindLaw's Cases & Codes, a free source of state and federal court opinions, state laws, and the United States Code. For more information about the legal concepts addressed by these cases and statutes, visit FindLaw's Learn About the Law.

(A) Except as otherwise provided in the declaration, rights to the use of limited common elements may be reallocated between or among units by an amendment to the declaration pursuant to the following procedures:

(1) The owners of the affected units shall prepare and execute at their expense an amendment to the declaration that identifies the affected units and specifies the reallocated rights to the affected limited common elements.

(2) The owners of the affected units shall submit to the board of directors of the unit owners association the amendment, accompanied by the written consents of the owners of all affected units and the holders of all liens on those units except liens for real estate taxes and assessments not due and payable.

(3) At the expense of the owners of the affected units, the unit owners association shall record the submitted amendment to the declaration.

(B)(1) If the declaration reserves any common element as an exclusive use area, the board of directors may delegate that common element to the use of a certain unit or units, to the exclusion of other units.  The delegation of a common element may be subject to criteria that the unit owners association establishes, including the payment of an additional fee that is part of each benefited unit's common expenses and that is only to be used for the delegated common element.

(2) Nothing in division (B)(1) of this section affects a unit owner's right to exclusive use of any common element that the declaration designates as a limited common element appurtenant to the owner's unit.

Cite this article: - Ohio Revised Code Title LIII. Real Property § 5311.032 - last updated January 01, 2020 |

FindLaw Codes may not reflect the most recent version of the law in your jurisdiction. Please verify the status of the code you are researching with the state legislature or via Westlaw before relying on it for your legal needs.

Was this helpful?

Thank you. Your response has been sent.

Copied to clipboard