Welcome to FindLaw's Cases & Codes, a free source of state and federal court opinions, state laws, and the United States Code. For more information about the legal concepts addressed by these cases and statutes, visit FindLaw's Learn About the Law.
1. In the surrogate's court fees for service, filing and other matters shall be as provided in this article to the exclusion of other statutory provisions unless expressly stated to the contrary.
2. The clerk of each surrogate's court shall charge and receive for the services and matters herein set forth the fees indicated in this article which shall be payable in advance.
3. All fees shall be the property of the county unless otherwise provided by law.
4. Unless specifically indicated no fee is chargeable for motions made in a pending proceeding or for ex parte applications.
5. The fees in the surrogate's court of each county of the state shall be the amount specified in the rate column for the service or matter indicated.
6. Notwithstanding any other provision of law to the contrary, no filing fees payable pursuant to the provisions of this section and section twenty-four hundred two of this article shall be required in any matter relating to the estates or affairs of persons missing or deceased as a result of the terrorist attacks of September eleventh, two thousand one.
Cite this article: FindLaw.com - New York Consolidated Laws, Surrogate's Court Procedure Act - SCP § 2401. Fees in the surrogate's court; general provisions - last updated January 01, 2021 | https://codes.findlaw.com/ny/surrogates-court-procedure-act/scp-sect-2401.html
FindLaw Codes may not reflect the most recent version of the law in your jurisdiction. Please verify the status of the code you are researching with the state legislature or via Westlaw before relying on it for your legal needs.
Was this helpful?