Welcome to FindLaw's Cases & Codes, a free source of state and federal court opinions, state laws, and the United States Code. For more information about the legal concepts addressed by these cases and statutes, visit FindLaw's Learn About the Law.
1. There is hereby established in the joint custody of the commissioner of taxation and finance, the New York state director of veterans affairs and the comptroller, a special fund to be known as the “homeless veterans assistance fund”.
2. Such fund shall consist of all revenues received by the department of taxation and finance, pursuant to the provisions of section six hundred twenty-seven-b of the tax law, and all other moneys appropriated, credited, or transferred thereto from any other fund or source pursuant to law. For each state fiscal year, there shall be appropriated to the fund by the state, in addition to all other moneys required to be deposited into such fund, an amount equal to the amounts of moneys collected and deposited into the fund pursuant to section six hundred twenty-seven-b of the tax law, and the amounts of moneys received and deposited into the fund from grants, gifts and bequests during the preceding calendar year, as certified by the comptroller. Nothing in this section shall prevent the state from soliciting and receiving grants, gifts or bequests for the purposes of the fund as defined in this section and depositing them into the fund according to law.
2-a. On or before the first day of February each year, the director of the New York state division of veterans' affairs shall provide a written report to the temporary president of the senate, speaker of the assembly, chair of the senate finance committee, chair of the assembly ways and means committee, chair of the senate committee on veterans, homeland security and military affairs, chair of the assembly veterans' affairs committee, the state comptroller and the public. Such report shall include how the monies of the fund were utilized during the preceding calendar year, and shall include:
(i) the amount of money dispersed from the fund and the award process used for such disbursements;
(ii) recipients of awards from the fund;
(iii) the amount awarded to each;
(iv) the purposes for which such awards were granted; and
(v) a summary financial plan for such monies which shall include estimates of all receipts and all disbursements for the current and succeeding fiscal years, along with the actual results from the prior fiscal year.
3. On or before the first day of February of each calendar year, the comptroller shall certify to the governor, the temporary president of the senate, the speaker of the assembly, the chair of the senate finance committee and the chair of the assembly ways and means committee, the amount of money deposited in the homeless veterans assistance fund during the preceding calendar year as the result of revenue derived pursuant to section six hundred twenty-seven-b of the tax law, and from all grants, gifts and bequests.
4. Moneys of the fund shall be expended only for the assistance and care of homeless veterans, for housing and housing-related expenses, as determined by the division of veterans affairs.
5. Moneys shall be paid out of the fund on the audit and warrant of the comptroller on vouchers approved and certified by the New York state director of veterans affairs. Any interest received by the comptroller on moneys on deposit in the homeless veterans assistance fund shall be retained in and become part of such fund.
Cite this article: FindLaw.com - New York Consolidated Laws, State Finance Law - STF § 99-v. Homeless veterans assistance fund - last updated January 01, 2021 | https://codes.findlaw.com/ny/state-finance-law/stf-sect-99-v-nr2/
FindLaw Codes may not reflect the most recent version of the law in your jurisdiction. Please verify the status of the code you are researching with the state legislature or via Westlaw before relying on it for your legal needs.