New York Consolidated Laws, Social Services Law - SOS § 409-g. Training of child welfare personnel
Welcome to FindLaw's Cases & Codes, a free source of state and federal court opinions, state laws, and the United States Code. For more information about the legal concepts addressed by these cases and statutes, visit FindLaw's Learn About the Law.
Search New York Codes
Search by Keyword or Citation
Within the amounts appropriated therefor, including all federal reimbursement received or to be received on account thereof, the department shall develop and implement a plan for the training of social services district and other authorized agency personnel, including caseworkers involved in the provision or supervision of preventive services, foster care services and adoption services. Such training shall include but need not be limited to:
1. Permanence casework: casework methodologies focused on activities designed to prevent placement in foster care or to shorten the length of stay in care for those children who can be returned home or freed for adoption;
2. Development of skills to facilitate rehabilitation or restoration of the family unit;
3. Development of knowledge and skills in legally freeing children for adoption and providing adoption services;
4. Development of knowledge and skills to prepare for court processes necessary in foster care and adoption; and
5. Development of case management skills including planning for permanence for each child.
Cite this article: FindLaw.com - New York Consolidated Laws, Social Services Law - SOS § 409-g. Training of child welfare personnel - last updated January 01, 2021 | https://codes.findlaw.com/ny/social-services-law/sos-sect-409-g.html
FindLaw Codes may not reflect the most recent version of the law in your jurisdiction. Please verify the status of the code you are researching with the state legislature or via Westlaw before relying on it for your legal needs.
Was this helpful?