Skip to main content

New York Consolidated Laws, Social Services Law - SOS § 212. Responsibility;  financing

Welcome to FindLaw's Cases & Codes, a free source of state and federal court opinions, state laws, and the United States Code. For more information about the legal concepts addressed by these cases and statutes, visit FindLaw's Learn About the Law.

1. If there is no agreement in effect for federal administration of additional state payments pursuant to section two hundred eleven of this title, the commissioner of the office of temporary and disability assistance shall be responsible for providing such payments to eligible residents of the state as required by this title and shall:

(a) accept and process applications for additional state payments to be made pursuant to this title;

(b) determine eligibility for and the amount of additional state payments in accordance with this title;

(c) redetermine eligibility periodically as the office may require;  provided, however, that any such redeterminations shall be no more frequent than provided by the applicable regulations of the United States social security administration;  and

(d) take all other actions necessary to effectuate the provisions of this title.

2. If there is in effect an agreement for the federal administration of additional state payments, the state shall be responsible for paying to the secretary an amount equal to:  (a) the amount expended under the state's programs of old age assistance, assistance to the blind and aid to the disabled during the calendar year, nineteen hundred seventy-two, less any federal funds properly received on account of such expenditures;  plus (b) any amounts in addition to such sum as may be required by the agreement.

Cite this article: - New York Consolidated Laws, Social Services Law - SOS § 212. Responsibility;  financing - last updated January 01, 2021 |

FindLaw Codes may not reflect the most recent version of the law in your jurisdiction. Please verify the status of the code you are researching with the state legislature or via Westlaw before relying on it for your legal needs.

Was this helpful?

Thank you. Your response has been sent.

Copied to clipboard