New York Consolidated Laws, Public Health Law - PBH § 1100. Rules and regulations of the department
Search New York Codes
1. The department may make rules and regulations for the protection from contamination of any or all public supplies of potable waters and water supplies of the state or United States, institutions, parks, reservations or posts and their sources within the state, and the commissioner of environmental protection of the city of New York and the board of water supply of the city of New York may make such rules and regulations subject to the approval of the department for the protection from contamination of any or all public supplies of potable waters and their sources within the state where the same constitute a part of the source of the public water supply of said city.
2. Every such rule or regulation shall be published at least once in each week for two consecutive weeks, in at least one newspaper of the county where the waters to which it relates are located. The cost of such publication shall be paid by the corporation, municipality, state or United States or state or United States institution, park, reservation or post benefited by the protection of the water supply to which the rule or regulation published relates.
3. The affidavit of the printer, publisher or proprietor of the newspaper in which such rule or regulation is published shall be filed, together with the rule or regulation published, in the county clerk's office of such county, and such affidavit and rule and regulation shall be conclusive evidence of such publication, and of all the facts therein stated in all courts and places.
4. All rules and regulations heretofore duly made and published for the sanitary protection of public water supplies, pursuant to chapter five hundred forty-three of the laws of eighteen hundred eighty-five, and chapter six hundred sixty-one of the laws of eighteen hundred ninety-three, as amended, are hereby legalized, ratified, confirmed and continued in force, until new rules and regulations become operative.
5. This section shall not be construed to repeal or affect any of the provisions of chapter three hundred seventy-eight of the laws of eighteen hundred ninety-seven, or its amendments.
Read this complete New York Consolidated Laws, Public Health Law - PBH § 1100. Rules and regulations of the department on Westlaw
FindLaw Codes are provided courtesy of Thomson Reuters Westlaw, the industry-leading online legal research system. For more detailed codes research information, including annotations and citations, please visit Westlaw.
FindLaw Codes may not reflect the most recent version of the law in your jurisdiction. Please verify the status of the code you are researching with the state legislature or via Westlaw before relying on it for your legal needs.