The following definitions are applicable to this chapter:
1. “Act” means a bodily movement.
2. “Voluntary act” means a bodily movement performed consciously as a result of effort or determination, and includes the possession of property if the actor was aware of his physical possession or control thereof for a sufficient period to have been able to terminate it.
3. “Omission” means a failure to perform an act as to which a duty of performance is imposed by law.
4. “Conduct” means an act or omission and its accompanying mental state.
5. “To act” means either to perform an act or to omit to perform an act.
6. “Culpable mental state” means “intentionally” or “knowingly” or “recklessly” or with “criminal negligence,” as these terms are defined in section 15.05 .
FindLaw Codes are provided courtesy of Thomson Reuters Westlaw, the industry-leading online legal research system. For more detailed codes research information, including annotations and citations, please visit Westlaw.
FindLaw Codes may not reflect the most recent version of the law in your jurisdiction. Please verify the status of the code you are researching with the state legislature or via Westlaw before relying on it for your legal needs.