New York Consolidated Laws, General Business Law - GBS § 895. Definitions
Search New York Codes
For the purposes of this article:
1. “Gun show” means an event sponsored, whether for profit or not, by an individual, national, state or local organization, association or other entity devoted to the collection, competitive use, sporting use, or any other legal use of firearms, rifles or shotguns, or an event at which (a) twenty percent or more of the total number of exhibitors are firearm exhibitors or (b) ten or more firearm exhibitors are participating or (c) a total of twenty-five or more pistols or revolvers are offered for sale or transfer or (d) a total of fifty or more firearms, rifles or shotguns are offered for sale or transfer. The term gun show shall include any building, structure or facility where firearms, rifles or shotguns are offered for sale or transfer and any grounds used in connection with the event.
2. “Firearm exhibitor” means any person, firm, partnership, corporation or company that exhibits, sells, offers for sale, transfers, or exchanges firearms, rifles or shotguns at a gun show.
3. “Gun show operator” means any person, firm, partnership, corporation or company that organizes, produces, sponsors or operates a gun show.
5. “Rifle” has the same meaning as that term is defined in 18 U.S.C. 921(a)(7) .
6. “Shotgun” has the same meaning as that term is defined in 18 U.S.C. 921(a)(5) .
Read this complete New York Consolidated Laws, General Business Law - GBS § 895. Definitions on Westlaw
FindLaw Codes are provided courtesy of Thomson Reuters Westlaw, the industry-leading online legal research system. For more detailed codes research information, including annotations and citations, please visit Westlaw.
FindLaw Codes may not reflect the most recent version of the law in your jurisdiction. Please verify the status of the code you are researching with the state legislature or via Westlaw before relying on it for your legal needs.